SHEIKH CLAIMS SAUDI TEAM REFUSED MINUTE’S SILENCE FOR LONDON TERROR VICTIMS BECAUSE ‘IT’S NOT A SIN FOR A MUSLIM TO KILL A NON-BELIEVER’
An Islamic imam has suggested the Saudi Arabian team refused to take part in a minute’s silence for the London terror victims because they believe ‘it is not a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-believer’.
Sheikh Mohammad Tawhidi says it is a ‘lie’ to say the Muslim culture does not remember the dead with a moment of silence, and instead argues the football team did not partake in the mourning because they stand with the jihadist men.
‘They did not stop for a moment of silence because according to Wahhabi Islam – which governs Saudi Arabia – it is not wrong or a sin for a Muslim to kill a non-Muslim,’ he told Daily Mail Australia.
‘Their response suggests that within Muslim culture they don’t remember the dead with a moment of silence. This is a lie.’
Sheikh Tawhidi says under Islam Sharia law it is not ‘wrong’ or a ‘sin’ for a Muslim to kill a non-Muslim.
‘In their eyes the attackers are martyrs who are going to paradise. And if they stand for a minute of silence they are against their Muslim brothers who fought for jihad and
fought the “infidels”,’ he said.
Sheikh Tawidi also added the team would have been ‘ridiculed’ back home if they had commemorated the victims of the London terrorist attack.
But this may not be the view of every player within the Saudi team, he pointed out.
The Saudi Arabian soccer team defended its refusal to stand in silence to mourn the Australian victims of the recent terror attack at the World Cup qualifier because it is not in keeping with their culture.
A spokesman for Football Federation Australia explained they were told a minute of silence was ‘not in keeping with Saudi culture’ ahead of the match.
Fans were left outraged at the display ahead of the World Cup qualifier against Australia in ADELAIDE.
Pictures show the Australian team lined up at the halfway mark, with the Saudi players ignoring the gesture as they moved into formation to start the game.
Saudi players on the bench also refused to stand for the minute’s silence.
A spokesperson from the Football Federation Australia told Daily Mail Australia they had been advised prior to the match that the Saudi team would not be taking part.
‘The FFA sought agreement from the Asian Football Confederation and the Saudi national team to hold a minute’s silence in memory of those lost in Saturday night’s terror attack in London and in particular the two Australian women,’ the spokesperson said.
‘Both the AFC and the Saudi team agreed that the minute of silence could be held.
‘The FFA was further advised by Saudi team officials that this tradition was not in keeping with Saudi culture and they would move to their side of the field and respect our custom whilst taking their own positions on the field.
‘The local broadcaster, FOXSPORTS, was informed of this prior to the minute’s silence taking place.’
Australian football fans on social media were furious, and lashed out against the team.
Source: Christian Action Network